- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thermal protectant to damp hair and dry hair.
- Blow dry hair, using a brush to shape and control bangs during blowout. Blow dry bangs away from your face.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a medium barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl a few inches down each strand of hair, wrapping hair about twice around the rod, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on hair ends when you release hair from the rod. Alternate the direction in which you curl each strand of hair, but remember to curl front, face framing layers, away from your face.
- Spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture finishing spray, and use your fingers to tousle and shape hair, creating an undone wavy style.