- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thickening, and thermal protecting product to damp hair.
- Use a thermal brush to shape and style bangs and hair, while blowdrying, creating body and volume. Blow dry bangs back, away from your face.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a large barrel curling rod to curl random pieces of hair. Start each curl partway down each strand of hair that you curl, wrapping hair once or twice around the rod. Leave about 1-2 inches of hair out of the rod, when curling, to create a messier, beach type wave. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions.
- After curling, spray the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to gently muss and style your hair.