- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Dry hair using your fingers to shape hair and enhance natural texture.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a texturing spray.
- Then, if more texture or wave is needed, use a medium to large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl about halfway down each strand of hair that you work with, wrapping hair full around the rod, one time. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on your hair ends as you release hair from the rod. For this style, curl strands away from your face, but be sure to vary the location of each curl.
- Spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture finishing spray, and use your fingers to tousle and shape hair, creating an undone wavy style.