- Apply a texturing, thermal protectant to damp hair. Comb hair to distribute product evenly before blowdrying.
- Use a round thermal brush to control and shape bangs and hair while blowdrying.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl about halfway down the hair strands, wrapping hair once or twice around the rod, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on hair ends when you release hair from the rod. Be sure to create curls going in alternating directions, and remember to curl front, face framing layers, away from your face.
- After curling, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to tousle curls, while shaping and styling hair.