- Apply a volume and texture boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair. Comb hair to distribute product evenly before blowdrying.
- Use a round thermal brush to control and shape bangs and hair while blowdrying. Blow dry front layers away from your face.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- To create bent texture, use a large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to bend random pieces of hair. Start each curl, or bend, about halfway down each strand of hair that you work with, wrapping hair, about one time, around the rod. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on the hair ends as you release hair from the rod. Create bends going in different directions, but remember to curl front, face framing layers, away from your face.
- Then, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to tousle curls, while shaping and styling hair.