- Apply a thickening or volume boosting product and a thermal protectant to damp hair.
- While blowdrying, use a thermal brush to shape bangs and control hair. Lift hair upwards at your roots with the brush. As you blow-dry, over direct hair, by brushing hair in the opposite direction that it naturally lays. This will help build volume. When hair is dry, sweep hair into the desired direction.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a volume powder onto your hair and work the powder through your hair using your fingers to lift hair upwards from the roots.
- Then, enhance the straightness of hair, if needed, using a flatiron.
- To finish styling, spray the ends of hair with a dry wax, or dry texture spray, and use your fingers to shape and style hair as desired.