- Prep hair by applying a volume and texture boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Comb product through hair, for even distribution. Use the comb to create a dramatic side-part while blowdrying.
- When hair is dry, create volume around the crown of your head, by sprinkling a texture/volume powder onto your roots. Or, use a teasing comb to tease underlying hair near roots.
- Next, use a large barrel curling rod to curl hair, working with small, individual sections at a time. Start each curl partway down the hair strand, wrapping hair around the rod a few times, stopping each curl about 2-3 inches from the end of each hair strand. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions.
- After curling, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray, and use your fingers to gently tousle and loosen curls, creating wavy, beach texture.