- Prep hair by applying a volume and texture boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Comb product through hair, for even distribution. Use the comb to create a dramatic side-part before blowdrying.
- When hair is dry, create volume around the crown of your head, by sprinkling a texture/volume powder onto your roots. Or, use a teasing comb to tease underlying hair near roots.
- Next, use a large barrel curling rod to curl hair, working with individual sections at a time. Start each curl partway down the hair strand, wrapping hair around the rod until you reach the end of each strand of hair. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions.
- After curling, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray, and use your fingers to gently tousle and loosen curls, creating wavy, beach texture.