- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thermal protectant to damp hair and dry hair.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a medium to large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl about halfway down each strand of hair that you work with, wrapping hair once or twice around the rod, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on hair ends when you release hair from the rod. Alternate the direction in which you curl each strand of hair, but remember to curl front, face framing layers, away from your face.
- Then, section off two equal sections of hair above your face and at the center of your head. Create two regular braids in both sections, using small elastic bands to hold braids in place.
- Spritz hair with a dry texture finishing spray, and use your fingers to tousle and shape hair, creating an undone wavy style.