- Apply a volume boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair, to prepare hair for blow drying and styling.
- Use a thermal brush to shape and style bangs and hair, while blowdrying, creating body and volume.
- When hair is dry, spritz your roots with a dry shampoo to help add texture and a bit of volume.
- Then, use a large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl partway down each strand of hair, wrapping hair around the rod, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the ends of each strand. Leaving the ends of your hair uncurled will give a beach wave appearance instead of a classic wave. As you curl your hair, be sure to alternate the direction in which you curl each strand of hair. But, remember to curl front, face framing layers, away from your face. Over-direct your front curls to help the curls frame the face. To over-direct the curls, wrap hair around the rod, curling the hair away from the face. Once the hair is wrapped around the rod going away from the face, pull the curling rod forward towards your face.
- To finish, spritz the ends of your hair with a dry texture spray, and use your fingers to lightly tousle and style hair.