- Apply a curl defining, thermal protectant to damp hair. Look for a product that also offers frizz control and volume enhancement.
- Dry hair using a diffuser to enhance curls, or with a thermal round brush to control hair.
- When hair is dry, use a curling rod to shape and create curls. Remember to create curls going in alternating directions, and begin each curl about 2 inches from the roots of hair.
- Then, using your fingers, pull front layers away from the face, on preferred side, and clip hair back using a pin.
- Once styled, use a finishing spray to hold curls and lock in style.