source @brianhickman1 | Local Honey | Brian Hickman
- Apply a thermal protectant and volume boosting product to damp hair to achieve extra volume while blowdrying. Blow dry bangs away from face, for a side swept look.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a round thermal brush to control hair while blow drying. Wrap sections of hair around the brush at the roots and slowly pull the brush up through hair, using a backwards curving motion, to sweep hair back in the direction you want it to lay, while building volume in your hair.
- After blowout, sprinkle a volume powder onto your roots and work the powder through your hair using your fingers to lift hair upwards from the roots.
- Then, rub a small amount of a texture and volume styling cream between hands, and use fingers to shape and style hair as desired, creating messy volume.
- Hold style using a volume enhancing finishing spray.