- Apply a volume boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair, to prepare hair for blow drying and styling.
- Use a round thermal brush while blow drying, to control and and create volume and body.
- When hair is dry, curl hair, using a large curling wand. Start each curl partway down the hair strands, wrapping hair two or three times around the rod, and stop each curl about 2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on hair ends when you release hair from the rod. Be sure to create curls going in alternating directions, and use the curling rod to curl front layers and bangs away from your face.
- After curling, use a teasing comb to add volume at roots.
- Then, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture finishing spray, and use your fingers to lightly tousle and style hair.