- Apply both a volume boosting product and a thermal protector to damp hair prior to blowdrying and styling.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a round thermal brush to control hair while blow drying. Wrap sections of hair around the brush at the roots and slowly pull the brush up through hair, using a backwards curving motion, to sweep hair back in the direction you want it to lay, while building volume in your hair.
- Create a defined side part using the brush during blowout.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a volume powder onto your roots and use your fingers to pull hair upwards, distributing the powder from the roots up the hair shafts. This will help give hair the added volume and texture needed to finish styling.
- Next, rub a small amount of a strong hold, texturizing clay between hands, and use your fingers to work the product through dry hair. Work product into hair starting at with the hair at the back of your head, working towards the front. Use your hands and fingers to shape and mold hair into a voluminous pompadour. Smooth down the hairs along the sides of your head, using any leftover product on your hands.
- After styling, spritz hair with a lightweight finishing spray to help hold style.