- Apply a thermal protectant that offers a light hold to hair, before blowdrying.
- Use a comb or thermal brush to control hair while blow drying. Use the comb to lift hair up from the roots and comb it back.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, rub pomade between your hands, and use your fingers to run the pomade through your hair, working the pomade into your hair, starting from the back of the head to the front.
- Then, use a comb to create some lift in the top lengths of your hair near the forehead, by coming hair backwards, while using your other hand to press forwards against the hair, molding hair into a pompadour in the front.
- Spritz hair with a finishing spray to hold style.