- Apply a texturizing, thermal protectant to damp hair prior to styling.
- Rough dry hair, using your fingers to tousle and comb hair into the desired direction, while hitting hair with medium-high heat from a blow dryer. When drying hair, hold the dryer at a downwards angle to hair. To create more volume, use your fingers to lift your hair upwards from the roots and gently pull hair back, away from your face.
- When hair dry, sprinkle roots with a texture building powder to boost texture, if needed.
- Then, rub a small amount of styling wax or pomade between hands and use your fingers to shape and mold hair as desired, creating a messy textured look.
- Spritz hair with a lightweight finishing spray to hold style.