- Apply a thickening or volume boosting product and a thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Blow dry hair, using a round thermal brush to control hair and build volume during blowout. Wrap hair around the brush at the roots, and lift hair up from the roots, pulling the brush downwards through hair, while guiding hair in the desired direction.
- When hair is dry, spritz roots with a dry shampoo, or sprinkle roots with a texture powder to help build volume and texture.
- If necessary, use a flatiron to shape and smooth hair, where needed.
- Then, rub a small amount of volume and texturizing paste between hands, and use your fingers to lift hair upwards, shaping and styling hair.
- Spritz hair with a dry texture finishing spray to enhance hair’s messy texture.