- Apply a volume and texture boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair. Comb hair to distribute product evenly and create a center part, before blowdrying.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a round brush to control hair while blow drying. Working with sections of hair at a time, wrap hair around the brush at the roots and lift hair up and pull hair downwards through the brush and inwards near hair ends. Then, blow dry front layers of hair away from your face.
- Once hair is dry, curl the ends of your hair using a large barrel curling wand. Using a curling rod, on low heat setting, wrap the ends of hair around the rod to create soft waves or bends.
- Next, create volume around the crown of your head, by sprinkling a texture/volume powder onto your roots. Or, use a teasing comb to tease underlying hair near roots.
- Then, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to tousle curls, while shaping and styling hair.