source @celladiggshair | Barrow Salon
- Prepare hair by applying a texturizing, thermal protectant to damp hair before blow drying and styling.
- Use a thermal brush to shape bangs and build volume while blowdrying. To build volume, use the brush to lift hair up at the roots and guide hair into the desired direction, while hitting hair with hot air. Be sure to hold the dryer at a downwards angle to hair.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle roots with a texture/volume powder and use your fingers to lightly scrunch hair at the roots.
- Then, curl hair, using a medium to large barrel curling wand. Start each curl about an inch from your scalp, wrapping hair around the rod until you reach the end of each strand of hair you curl. Be sure to create curls going in alternating directions.
- Spray hair all over with a dry texture spray, and style hair, using your fingertips to gently tousle hair and relax curls, to give hair an edgy undone look.
similar hairstyle video tutorial:
source | JUSTINE CRAWFORD