- Begin with dry hair.
- Spritz hair allover with a dry texture spray, and sprinkle a texture/volume powder along your roots. Then, use your fingers to scrunch hair, helping to distribute products and build messy texture and volume.
- Use a comb to sweep bangs to the side, and tease the your roots near the crown of your head to build even more volume if desired.
- Next, section off, and gather back, the hair around the crown of the head. To do this, use your pointer fingers to part and section hair. Place each pointer finger near your temple, and trace back, behind your ear until your fingers meet at the back of your head. Now, pull this section of hair back to the approximate area you want to create your ponytail, and use a small clip to hold hair in place, creating a small puff or bump. Don’t worry if its messy, since thats the look you want to create, and try to maintain volume in the crown.
- After clipping back the crown area, use your fingers to pull the remaining, under lying, hair back, to join with the previously clipped section. Use a hair tie to secure both sections of hair. Once hair is secured back, you can remove the small clip.
- Use your fingers to add finishing touches, shaping and molding the ponytail, and loosening face-framing layers.
similar hairstyle video tutorial:
source | ellebangs