- Apply a curl boosting, thermal protectant to damp hair, and comb product through hair, to distribute product evenly and create a center part.
- Dry hair using a diffusing attachment with your hairdryer, to enhance curls and create body.
- When hair is dry, curl hair, using a 1 inch curling wand. Start curls close to your roots, wrapping hair around the rod until you reach the end of each strand of hair. Be sure to create curls going in alternating directions, and use the curling rod to curl front layers and bangs away from your face.
- After curling, tease the roots around your crown with a comb, to add extra volume. Or, sprinkle roots with a texture and volume styling powder, and use your fingers to pull the powder through hair creating defined lift at your roots.
- Spritz hair with a texturizing finishing spray, and use your hands to tousle and relax curls, creating an undone wavy style.