- Prep hair by applying a pre blowout product and thermal protectant to damp hair, and comb product through hair to distribute evenly, and create a side part.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a larger round thermal brush to control hair while blow drying. Blow dry bangs away from face, for a side swept look.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texturizing and volume boosting powder onto roots and use your fingers to pull powder up through hair. You do not need to pull powder through to the ends of hair, focus on creating lift and volume near your roots.
- Next, curl your hair using a one inch curling rod. Start curls about an inch from your roots and stop each curl near the end of each strand of hair. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions.
- Then, spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to tousle curls, while shaping and styling hair.