- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thermal protecting product to damp hair. The process of bleaching and coloring hair can dry hair, so use products that are moisturizing and conditioning as well as offering thermal protection and texture.
- Use a thermal brush to shape and style hair, while blowdrying, creating body and volume.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a large barrel curling rod to curl hair sections at a time. Start each curl about 2 inches from your scalp and stop each curl approximately 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair that you curl. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions.
- After curling, spray the ends of hair with a dry texture spray and use your fingers to gently muss and style your hair.