- Start with dry hair.
- Apply a texture and volume enhancing powder or mousse to the roots of hair, and spritz hair allover with a dry texture spray. Use your fingers to scrunch your hair, helping to distribute products and build messy texture and volume.
- Next, section off, and gather back, the hair around the crown of the head, pulling hair back to the approximate area you want to create your ponytail, and use a small clip to hold hair in place. Don’t worry if its messy, since thats the look you want to create, and try to maintain volume in the crown.
- After clipping back the crown area, use your fingers to pull the remaining hair back, with the crown section, and use a hair tie to secure both sections of hair. Once hair is secured back, you can remove the small clip.
- Use your fingers to add finishing touches, shaping and molding the ponytail, and loosing face-framing layers.
- Hold the style, using a voluming holding finishing spray.