source @hairbylawnihamilton | Lawni Hamilton | hairbylawni.com
- Spritz your roots with a dry shampoo and use your fingers to scrunch hair at the roots to build texture and volume.
- Use a large tooth comb to help guide hair to the top of your head and pull hair into a high ponytail, holding the hair together with your hand.
- Using the index finger on your other hand, hook the hair with the finger and twist the hair around the finger to begin forming the bun. Gently remove your finger from the center, and continue wrapping the remaining hair around the bun, and secure hair with an elastic. We recommend using an elastic that matches your hair color.
- Then, pin your bun into place using bobby pins.
- To create a messy bun, use your fingers to lightly pull and tug at the twisted hair stands to enlarge and puff the bun, if desired.
- Spritz hair with a lightweight finishing spray to help hold hairs in place.