- Apply a texturizing product and a thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Blow dry hair, using a round thermal brush to control hair during blowout. Using the brush, grip hair at the roots, and lift hair up, and guide hair in the direction you wish hair to lay.
- When hair is dry, use a flat iron or curling rod to add random curls to your top lengths. Create curls going away from your face.
- Then, rub a small amount of volume and texturizing paste between hands, and use your fingers to lift hair upwards, loosening curls and styling hair as desired. If more volume is needed, sprinkle your roots with a volume powder and use your fingers lift hair up from the roots.
- After styling, spritz hair with a volume holding finishing spray.