- Apply a volume and texture boosting product and a thermal protectant to damp hair.
- Comb products through hair, to ensure even distribution.
- When hair is about 80% dry, use a large, round thermal brush to control bangs and hair while blow drying. As you blow dry, use the brush to help build volume and guide hair in the desired direction. When working with the hair towards the back of your head, use the round thermal brush to grip back hairs and flip them outwards.
- After drying, if more texture is wanted, use a medium barrel curling wand on low heat to flip and/or bend random pieces of hair around your head, focusing more on the hair towards the back of the head.
- To finish styling, use a dry texture wax, or spritz hair with a dry texture spray, and use your fingers to shape and style hair as desired, creating a textured and tousled finished look.