- Prep hair by applying a texturing, thermal protectant to damp hair and dry hair.
- Use a thermal brush to shape bangs and control hair while blowdrying.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder onto your roots to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a medium to large barrel curling rod, on low heat, to curl sections of hair at a time. Start each curl a few inches down each strand of hair, wrapping hair once for twice around the rod, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. As you wrap hair around the rod, keep hold of the ends of your hair, and lightly pull down on hair ends when you release hair from the rod. Alternate the direction in which you curl each strand of hair, to enhance the textured appearance.
- Spritz the ends of hair with a dry texture finishing spray, and use your fingers to tousle and shape hair, creating an undone wavy style.
similar hairstyle video tutorial:
source | Byrdie