- Apply a texturizing and volume boosting product and a thermal protectant to damp hair before blow drying.
- Use a larger round brush to control hair while blow drying. Wrap hair around the brush at the roots and pull hair up through the brush going in the direction you want your hair to lay.
- When hair is dry, use a flat iron to shape hair and add texture, by smoothing and bending random pieces of hair.
- To create more volume and texture, sprinkle your roots with a volume powder and use your fingers to lift hair up from the roots.
- Then, rub a small amount of volume and texturizing paste between fingers and comb fingers through your hair. Use your fingers to lift hair up from the roots, while styling and positioning hair, to create a tousled, pieced look.
- Spritz hair with a volume holding finishing spray to hold style.