- Apply a multi-tasking, thermal protectant to damp hair before blowdrying.
- Rough dry hair, using your fingers to tousle and lift hair while blowdrying. Hold the dryer at a downwards angle to hair.
- When hair is dry, use a small flatiron to enhance smoothness and control ends.
- Then, rub a small amount of clay or a texture putty between hands and using your fingers, run the product through hair ends, working from the back of the head to the front. Lift hair, shaping and styling hair as desired, creating a messy beach textured look.
- Spritz hair with a finishing spray to hold style.