- Apply a curl defining, thermal protectant to damp hair. Look for a product that also offers frizz control, moisturizing benefits, and volume enhancement.
- Dry hair using a diffuser to enhance body and curls. If you have natural curls, and the time, you may prefer to let your hair air dry, naturally.
- When hair is dry, use a small curling rod to shape and create curls, if needed.
- Then, use a hair pick to lift and pull hair along your roots, to create volume where desired. Picking will create more voluminous curls, by creating frizz along your roots. When picking, only pick your roots, do not pull the pick from roots to ends.
- Once styled, use a finishing spray to hold curls.