- Apply a moisturizing, pre-blowout product to damp hair before blow drying. Look for a product that also offers thermal protection, hold, and volume enhancing properties.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a large, round thermal brush while blowdrying, to build volume and shape hair. While blowdrying, grip hair at the roots with the brush, with the section of hair that you are working with lying over the brush. Then, lift hair up from the roots, and slowly pull the brush downwards through your hair, guiding hair in the desired direction. As you guide the brush slowly through hair, pause every few seconds, turning your wrist repeatedly, creating a circular motion with the brush. This motion will help build body and volume throughout your hair. Continue this process, working with sections of hair at a time, until your hair is fully dry. Be sure to always hold the dryer at a downwards angle to your hair as you blow dry.
- When hair is dry, apply a dry shampoo or texture powder to your roots at the crown of your head, and use a comb to lightly tease your roots. This step, will help build extra texture and volume.
- After teasing, use a flatiron to enhance the smoothness of hair and create beveled ends. Working with sections of hair at a time, clamp a medium size strand of hair close to the roots, and slowly drag the flatiron down the hair strand. Use the iron to slightly curve hair inwards near the ends of hair. If your hair is already smooth and beveled, feel free to skip this step.
- To finish styling, spritz hair with a lightweight finishing spray, and use your hands to shape and style hair.
similar hairstyle video tutorial:
source | CHLOE BROWN