source SALON Habit Salon | STYLE+COLOR Jennifer Fitchet
- Prep hair by applying a volume boosting, thermal protecting product to damp hair before blow drying and styling.
- Blow dry hair, using a large thermal round brush to control hair and build volume during blowout. To enhance volume, we suggest using large velcro rollers around the crown of the head.
- When hair is dry, sprinkle a texture powder on your roots, or spritz roots with a dry shampoo, or tease roots with a comb to enhance texture and volume.
- Then, use a large barrel curling rod to curl hair, working with individual sections at a time. Begin each curl partway down the hair strands, and stop each curl about 1-2 inches from the end of each strand of hair. Remember, to create curls going in alternating directions, being sure to curl any face framing layers away from your face.
- After curling, spritz hair with a volume holding finishing spray, and use your fingers to gently tousle and loosen curls.