- Apply a thermal protectant and volume boosting product to damp hair to achieve extra volume while blowdrying. Blow dry bangs away from face, for a side swept look.
- When hair is about 80 percent dry, use a round thermal brush to control hair while blow drying. Wrap sections of hair around the brush at the roots and slowly pull the brush up through hair, using a backwards curving motion, to sweep hair back in the direction you want it to lay, while building volume in your hair.
- After blowout, use a curling rod to add random curls in the longer hair at the top of your head. Create curls going away from your face.
- Then, rub a small amount of a texture and volume styling cream between hands, and use fingers to shape and style hair as desired, creating messy volume.
- Hold style using a volume enhancing finishing spray.
similar hairstyle video tutorial:
source | LYNDSAY JOHNSON