- Apply a volume and texture boosting product and a thermal protectant to damp hair, before blowdrying.
- Comb product through hair to ensure even distribution.
- Rough dry your hair using a blow dryer on medium heat. As you dry hair, use your fingers to lift hair up from the roots and sweep hair into the desired direction. Be sure to hold the dryer at a downwards angle to hair.
- When hair is dry, rub a small amount of styling paste between your hands. Then, using your fingers, run the product through hair, shaping and styling hair as desired. Use any leftover product on your hands to smooth down the short side hairs around your head. Use your fingertips to pinch and twist the ends of hair, to build texture and add definition in your front layers.
- Spritz hair with a finishing spray to hold style.