- Apply a thermal protectant and smoothing product to damp hair and blow dry hair straight.
- When hair is dry, use the end of a rat tail comb to create a defined part, if desired.
- Then, decide where you want to create the ponytail, and using a boar bristle, styling brush, brush all hair to the back of the head, using your free hand to catch and hold hair as you brush and smooth out hair. Use a hair elastic to hold hair in place, once you’ve brushed and smoothed back all hair, and create the ponytail.
- Next, use a small strand of hair from beneath the ponytail to wrap around, and hide, the hair elastic. Use a bobby pin, or grip, to pin the wrapped hair into place.
- Finally, use a smoothing serum or hair gel to smooth down and control any small hairs, and spritz hair with a finishing spray to hold style.